Creativity and I


It all started when I was eight. I felt it, like a rhino feels the oxpecker bird, guiding it, providing comfort for the brute, commanding control of the situation. I felt a spark. Some may call it Creativity. It spoke to me, showed me images, wove plots and intricacies that a barbaric child such as I was wouldn't understand - at first. Being with Creativity, though, changed me, taught me the intricacies that it created with a mere blink, or a twitch of a finger. It directed me to start writing, and we became good friends, Creativity and I. Due to this fact, or perhaps in spite of it, Creativity kept providing me with stories, and those stories grew in complexity, grew with me, taught me, showed me, until they made me into what I am today - Chandler Currier, Author.

Creativity first started with some ideas that I loved at the time, but now only look at and smirk- talking tacos, strange mutants, superheroes that obviously are ripped-off of popular Marvel and DC characters. It developed a little more as I grew older - dragons, heroes, swords, but they were still all obviously stereotypical, and the plots were lacking in originality, though some characters were memorable. Finally, Creativity gave me what I have today - whole worlds, with cultures, religions, laws, nations, politics, each individual and distinct from the rest. I love these worlds, and I would love even more so to share them with readers like you.

Such is the task of an author.

Currently, I am working on several separate endeavors, each equally important in my eyes, but the laws of Creativity require that I write some before others, and provide them to you at different times, otherwise - bleh. There's only so much of one thing that a person can handle, and overloading on something will cause the reader to miss the beautiful details and hints that litter literature - or shall I call it Litter-ature? I digress.

With the passing of time passes knowledge, and Creativity. For, though words may travel aimlessly through the Universe, and ramblings may fall short on occasion, stories remain the hallmark of culture. My goal is to provide you, dear reader, with those stories.

Such is the task of an author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grim Weather: Consider It Done

Ethereal Loss